- Letter signed by leading medical organizations opposing passage of the VALID Act. The link is here: Stakeholders Urge Senate HELP Committee to Exclude VALID Act From FDA User Fee Legislation | AACC.org
- American Society for Microbiology concerns: ASM Submits Concerns On VALID Act
- ARUP position on VALID Act: ARUP Leadership: VALID Act’s Proposed Regulations Would Raise Costs, Hinder Research, and Limit Patient Care | ARUP Laboratories
- AACC’s position on VALID: VALID-onepager.pdf (aacc.org)
- Statement from the Association of Pathology Chairs: The Impact of VALID (Final-April 25 2022).pdf (memberclicks.net)
- Statement from Lighthouse Lab Services: Why the VALID Act Could Harm Lab Innovation, Patient Access (lighthouselabservices.com)
Learn more about the VALID Act and how it would curtail innovative laboratory testing in the private sector.
Laborastories Podcast presented by AACC
Laborastories host Dr. Shannon Haymond talks with Dr. Patricia M. Jones about the ins and outs of the VALID Act—a complex bill proposing dramatic modifications to current oversight mechanisms of both in vitro diagnostic tests and laboratory developed tests. This bill has the potential to significantly impact …
Why Nearly All Clinical Labs Oppose the VALID Act
We have put together a one page fact sheet on why nearly all US clinical labs oppose the VALID Act.